Susquehanna River Trails
The Friends of the Susquehanna River Rail-Trail, Inc., with the assistance of HAAS Landscape Architects applied for and received a Federal Transportation Enhancement Program grant to finance the acquisition of the first leg of the Susquehanna Rail Trail. This section of the trail extends from the Village of Windsor south to the Pennsylvania line and includes the old Windsor train station. Built in 1871, this station has been submitted to the Registry of Historic Places, and The Susquehanna Valley Railway Society has expressed interest in using the station to house historical displays. The entire trail will eventually be a multi-use trail that encompass 15 miles of the
abandoned Delaware & Hudson Railway located in the Susquehanna River Corridor, starting at Nineveh, NY. The Trail components include a trail head with parking, stonedust paths, and a kiosk with maps and information about the area. The Phase-1 segment is used by bikers, hikers and the Windsor High School Cross-Country Team. HLA has provided Conceptual Design, estimates and attendance at Public Information Meetings.